Rambles...

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, September 18, 2011

    Denial

    Sunday, September 18, 2011
    So... I am suppose to identify and recognize my own feelings. I always choose to avoid and suppress them, which is why I am like that now...

    Am reading this now http://www.mkprojects.com/fa_emotions.html

    "The following are a few examples of the methods people use to avoid feeling their emotions.
    • Ignoring your feelings
    • Pretending something hasn’t happened
    • Overeating
    • Eating foods loaded with sugar and fat
    • Excessive drinking of alcohol
    • Excessive use of recreational drugs
    • Using prescription drugs such as tranquilizers or Prozac
    • Exercising compulsively
    • Any type of compulsive behavior
    • Excessive sex with or without a partner
    • Always keeping busy so you can’t feel
    • Constant intellectualizing and analyzing
    • Excessive reading or TV
    • Working Excessively
    • Keeping conversations superficial
    • Burying angry emotions under the mask of peace and love"

    I am guilty for all of the above almost...

    But somehow... I feel I am subconsciously rejecting recovery. I feel I don't deserve to be happy... it's so strange...

    T was suggesting I may have feelings for him that I am not recognizing or hiding it. Am I? I don't even know... what is it like to like/love someone?
    The fact that my heart ache every time he disappoints me or upset him unnecessary?!

    Can I be emotionless? Again, another extreme approach that is unrealistic.

    The root - could be the environment that I grew it in make me so oppressed?

    No comments: